It's football season, the happiest time of year. The Fiance and I bonded early over our love of the game, particularly our Tigers (duh) and no football weekend is complete without proper snacks. I like making dip: easy, tasty, filling. Here are three that have gone over very well in our casa.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
In a crockpot on a low setting, combine all ingredients. Stir often until well-mixed and heated through. Serve with celery or tortilla chips.
- 30 oz canned chicken, drained
- 16 oz low-fat cream cheese
- 8 oz regular cream cheese
- 8 oz cheddar or colby cheese
- 1 bottle buffalo sauce (Syberg's)
- 1 C ranch dressing
(source: Better Homes and Gardens Biggest Book of Slow Cooker Recipes)
Combine cream cheese through pepper in a large crockpot. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours on low heat or 2-3 hours on high heat, stirring once halfway through cooking. Stir in bacon. Serve with bagel chips, tortilla chips, or Wheat Thins.
- 3 8-oz packages cream cheese
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese (12 oz)
- 1 cups half-and-half or light cream
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 3 T prepared horseradish
- 1 T Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp course ground pepper
- 12 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled (or 1 jar Real Bacon Bits)
(St Louis Rams Family Cookbook)
2 C canned pumpkin (not pie filling)
4 C powdered sugar
2 8-oz packages cream cheese
2 tsp cinnamon
Mix well until blended and smooth. Serve with ginger snaps or sugar cookies.
Happy game day! You know who we're cheering for, but I hope your team fares well too!