But low and behold Ashley over at Banker by Day was so kind as to give me one for Christmas.
The RULES are:
1. Copy the award image in your post.
2. List 10 things that make you happy, and try to do at least one of them today.
3. Then, tag 10 bloggers that make you happy!
4. For the 10 bloggers who get the award, link back to me and spread the happiness!
My Ten Happy Things:
1. Christmas. This may be a duh, but since it is today, I must include it. It's a rush to see all of our family at once, but the love and laughter is free-flowing. Presents don't hurt either.
2. Tucker Bear. My dog has 50 pounds of personality packed into an 8 pound body. He's funny and makes weird noises and just makes me laugh all the time. And he's a snuggly little monkey that likes to spoon.
3. Big venti lattes from Starbucks, particularly when delivered in the morning by The Fiance. We get coffee every Saturday morning and I always get a venti skinny vanilla latte. Sometimes the Latte Fairy even has one waiting for me on the kitchen counter when I wake up. Now that's the stuff of great romance, people. It makes my day.
4. Baking yumminess. I get constant enjoyment out of the reactions from people eating something tasty that I made. It's a stress-relief, though not great for the old diet plan.
5. My bed. God, how I love it. We blew a significant chunk of our home buyer's stimulus check on new furniture, a delicious mattress, and fluffy white bedding. It's my favorite place in my house, and possibly in the world.
6. New cookbooks. I just like books in general, but cookbooks have a special place in my heart. Pretty much ever Borders coupon I get nets me a new book, and my FMIL has the fabulous hobby of sending me home with piles that have been deleted from the library stock where she works. I am one of those people that actually enjoys reading a cookbook, particularly ones where the author has included loads of fun stories and tidbits (for people like me).
7. Throwing Parties. Especially since we bought our house earlier this year, it makes me incredibly happy having people over. Partly due to #4, of course, since it gives me an excuse to bake something. I'd much rather have people over than go out to a bar or something. I am such a homebody.
8. Making my mom laugh. Actually, making people laugh in general is fun, but my mom's laugh gets me in particular.
9. Facebook. There, I admit it. It makes me happy to see pictures and updates from people I am friends with and not so much friends with anymore. I love engagement announcements and wedding photos and (God help me) peoples' babies. Maybe I'm just a gossip or nosey, but I really like being in the know.
10. Blogging. Also a duh, but I swear this has become one of my favorite hobbies. I appreciate the people who read it (my mom included ...Hiiiiiiii Mom) but I would still write it even if I had no followers. I hope everyone reading this has a fabulous Christmas today and I look forward to writing for you in the New Year. *puffy heart*
10 Bloggers who make me happy:
1. Brit @ Landlocked Bride
2. Steph @ Just Shoe Me
3. Amy @ Relentless Brides
4. Bee @ Bee & Patrick's Wedding
5. Chocolate Lover's Confessions
6. Jamie @ My Baking Obsession
7. Encore! Encore!
8. Marney @ Foul Mouthed Hooligans
9. Emily @ Pretty & Poor
10. Salt Says...
Have a FABOOSH Christmas all! And to all a good night!