Jenni of AZ in August was kind enough to bestow upon me Helper of the Bride's HOT Bride award earlier this week. Unlike other blog awards where you get to list fun facts or something about yourself, this one asks for 7 bits of bridal advice. Me likey.
HOT Bride Award
So here's my advice.
1. There ceremony is about you and your fiance, the reception is about everyone else.
2. Themes and styles and trends will change, but etiquette never goes out of style.
3. Tradition is not a 4-letter word.
4. It's ok to do something "trendy" or something "last year." Chances are, none of your guests read as many wedding blogs as you do, so they don't know.
5. Buy a dress that makes you feel beautiful, and not too early.
6. Bridesmaids are not photo props or wedding planners, they are your friends and family. Act in such a way that they will continue to be after the wedding.
7. "We" comes before "I" in wedding for a reason.
I am passing the award on to the following fab blogs that I read regulary:
1. Beer Budget Bride's Musings
2. Chocolate Lover's Confessions
3. Eyes Open, Feet First
4. I'm Gonna Marry You Someday
5. Lover's Waltz
6. Office Bride
7. XOXO, B